Have you ever wondered why there are more food sensitivities in our children these days?
You probably know someone who is gluten-free or dairy-free; maybe even your own child.
Or maybe you know someone with Atopic conditions like eczema, allergies, or asthma.
Did you know, this could be because of your child’s gut health and the medications we are offering them?
Why are our children so sick?
If your child has had just one round of antibiotics or medications (or born via c-section), they may be increasing their risk for allergies, asthma, and eczema.
What medications affect our digestion and therefore our children’s health?
- Acid reducing medication
- And Stress!!!
Is your child experiencing one of these symptoms?
If so, It may be time to address their gut health.
- Chronic diarrhea, constipation, gas or bloating
- Nutritional deficiencies-white spots on nails, shaking or tremors
- Poor immune system- always sick
- Headaches, brain fog, memory loss
- Excessive fatigue
- Skin rashes and problems such as acne, eczema or rosacea
- Cravings for sugar or carbs
- Joint pain
- Depression, anxiety, ADD, ADHD, bad behavior at school
- Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or celiac
- >>Chronic cough
- Allergies, Asthma, & Eczema
- Cheeks get red easily
- Food avoidance; meat, dairy, and gluten
How can you ‘fix’ their gut health?
By focussing on these 5 steps, you can reduce your child’s Atopic conditions and food allergy reactions.
- Fill their nutrient gap
- Reduce medications
- Heal their gut with the 4R approach
- Reduce stress & toxins
What is the difference between food allergy and food sensitivity?
A true food allergy causes:
- An immune system reaction that affects numerous organs in the body
- It can cause a range of symptoms
- In some cases, an allergic food reaction can be severe or life-threatening
- You would NEVER re-introduce this food into your child’s diet
A food sensitivity is:
- Typically less severe
- Causes digestive problems
- Possibly skin problems as well
- Dairy and gluten are the most popular allergens
Did you know, you can heal your child’s gut? It’s called the 4R approach. I’ve written about it here:
If your child is struggling with food sensitivity, food allergy, or Atopic conditions like; Asthma, Eczema, or Allergies it may be time to address your child’s gut health. When you heal your child’s gut, they may have fewer nagging symptoms like an ongoing cough, clearer skin, and fewer asthma attacks throughout the year.
By learning natural remedies and reducing medications, you can support your child’s health for years to come.
Is your child struggling with these symptoms? Comment below and let me know.