It’s frustrating and exhausting when your little one is teething.
Late nights. Crying. Screaming. Wanting to be held.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could support your child during the teething years, without all the Tylenol?
Imagine what it would be like if you knew the exact remedies to help your child go back faster without wasting money on products that don’t work.
Let me show you how.
But hang on.
The fastest remedies below are homeopathic, so you’ll want to read this post and learn how to use homeopathy properly, so you don’t waste time and money on products you don’t need.
Want to get started?
In this post, I’m going to share my favorite homeopathic remedies to keep your little one from overusing Tylonal and antibiotics during the teething years.
How do you know when a baby is teething?
Look for these symptoms in your little one…
- Green diarrhea
- Screaming, crying
- Drooling (which can cause a facial rash)
- Swollen, sensitive gums
- A tooth visible below the gum
- Chewing everything.. nothing is off limits!
- Irritability or fussiness, wanting to be held
- Trouble sleeping
- Refusing to eat
- Rubbing face and ears
- You either feel bad for them or want to kill them! (These are two key homeopathic remedies to watch for)
Homeopathic teething remedies
The two most popular remedies for teething are Chamomilla 30c and Pulsatilla 30c.
Keep this in mind. These are sugar tablets, you would place in their mouth to suck on or put in their bottle.
Watch this for tips and tricks with using homeopathic medicine and babies.
View this post on Instagram
Let’s explore both of these.
The must-have homeopathic remedies for teething
#1 Chamomilla 30c Symptoms
- One cheek may be red with one spot
- Likes cold drinks
- Wants to be held and stops crying when held*
- Mom is annoyed or wants to scream at the child*
- Pain unbearable- cries out in sleep
- Green diarrhea with stools
- May have a cough
- Dosing: Give one dose of Chamomilla 30c wait and repeat if necessary. Stop if you don’t see a positive result or the child’s behavior gets worse.
#2 Pulsatilla 30c Symptoms
- mouth dry, thirstless
- Mom feels sorry for her little one*
- the child is anxious at night
- wants to be carried
- sensitive & whiny
- better for fresh air
Another favorite for children who will not sleep while teething…
- sensitive to pain
- worse at night
- will not sleep – even if they’ve had 2 doses of Tylenol!
- shooting pain feels better when holding ice water in the mouth
You can also combine Coffea Cruda with Chamomilla for relief.
Watch this video to review these remedies together!
#4 Camilia teething relief
Camila teething relief is a popular teething product for children combining three homeopathic remedies for pain and inflammation. It would also help reduce recurring ear infections. Served in a liquid pouch, it’s easy for administrating to babies. Keep in mind, this is a blended formula so it may or may not work for you. And always, watch for symptoms BEFORE dosing.
Chamomile tea for teething
Alternatively, you can make a cup of chamomile tea or use a chamomile tincture to reduce the teething pain.
- To make a cup of tea: Take 1 tsp. of dried Chamomile tea to 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and let steep 5-7 minutes. Sweeten with maple syrup for children under 1 year of age or raw honey for children over one year. Cool it down with an ice cube and add to their bottle or place a facecloth in the tea and put in the refrigerator for the baby to suck on.
Tinctures for teething
- Tinctures are fast and effective when used properly. Consider Herb Pharm Chamomile tincture to reduce pain and inflammation naturally.
How to get a teething baby to sleep
Momma’s sleep deprivation usually begins when your little one starts teething. Homeopathic remedies should work to help your baby get to sleep faster. If they do not, you can try a glycerine tincture to help them relax.
- Herb Pharm fast asleep works well with homeopathy to encourage a good night’s sleep. Double-check the dosing based on your child’s age and weight.
- 8 Ways to heal an ear infection naturally
- 9 Simple shortcuts to help your child sleep
- Everything you need to know about homeopathy
Using homeopathy is safe and easier than you think. Just remember, stop if you don’t see any improvements such as the child going to sleep, they began drinking, or crying stopped.
These remedies will also reduce fevers and ear infections often associated with teething years.