Every June, I whip up a batch of natural bug spray to use throughout the summer months.
This blend also doubles as a room freshener and helps when you do get a bug bite! The lavender takes the itch away!
Making your own bug spray with essential oils can be easy. Let me show you how!
Homemade bug spray ingredients
- DIY Bug Spray
- 10 drops of Cypress Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Geranium Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 cup of 40-50% vodka.
- Blend and store in a dark bottle. Shake before spraying.
Why homemade bug spray?
I like to reduce the number of chemicals my children are exposed to and this is a safe, natural alternative.
Directions for DIY Bug Spray
- Mix 1 cup of 50% Vodka:
- It doesn’t have to be high quality.
- You can also use witch hazel as an alternative.
- Essential oils:
- Cypress E.O. (10 Drops)
- Geranium E.O. (10 Drops)
- Bergamot E.o. (10 Drops)
- Rosemary E.O, (10 Drops)
- Cedarwood E.O. (10 Drops)
- Peppermint Essential Oil (3 Drops)
Mix well and place it in a dark bottle. Shake before use.
- use a glass bottle to store it, as essential oils may break down a plastic bottle
Other ways to use this blend
- for bug bites
- room spray