You can stop sinus infections with diet, herbs, and homeopathy.
Imagine knowing the exact plan to reduce the use of antibiotics for decades to come.
For years, I would call up the doctor and request medications for my sinus pressure. I knew I needed drugs to get rid of the pain. Little did I know overusing antibiotics would bite me in the butt years later.
I struggled with acne, digestive problems and then food sensitivities to gluten and dairy all due to using antibiotics frequently.
When you learn how to reduce medications, heal your gut, and integrate natural remedies, you won’t have to worry about antibiotic resistance in the future.
What are the symptoms of a sinus infection?
- A headache or heavy feeling in the head (sometimes with difficulty concentrating)
- Nasal congestion or nasal discharge
- Post-nasal drip (mucus dripping down back of the throat)
- A sore throat (mucus dripping down can cause chronic irritation)
- A cough – wet or dry and usually all day
- Bad breath
- Moderate to high fever
The next time you feel a sinus infection brewing.. try these natural remedies.
Diet to stop a sinus infection
- Gluten, dairy, and sugar are common allergens that cause sinus infections.
- Eliminate these foods from your diet if you experience frequent sinus infections. If I was to choose just one, I’d get rid of dairy ASAP.
- Encourage lots of green vegetables & soups when you are under the weather.
- Drink clear liquids and caffeine free tea.
- Consider adding a probiotic to your diet and healing your gut with The 4R approach.
- Make garlic toast!
- Toast some gluten-free bread and top with Organic Olive oil and sliced raw garlic.
- Fresh garlic is known as an antimicrobial to aid with infections. Eat daily until you are better.
Tinctures to stop a sinus infection
- Take Echinacea tincture For 7-10days. Take 30-40 drops 3-4x day in a little bit of water.
- Garlic is a great anti-microbial and can fight viral and bacterial infections. Eat garlic raw if able, or mix with hot water and lemon for a garlic lemonade.
How to use essential oils to stop a sinus infection
- Add one drop of Thyme Essential Oil to a facecloth (for adults only), place in the shower and let the steam help open your sinuses.
- Alternatively, try herbal steam.
- Boil water and place one drop of Lavender or Thyme Essential oil in the bowl, cover your head and steam for 20 min. You can also use lavender dried buds or dried Thyme for less potent steam.
Apply Lavender Essential Oil topically
- Dab diluted Lavender Essential oil on your cheeks and under ears. Dilute when using with children. ONLY 1 drop of essential oil to 1 tbs. of carrier oil. Don’t use with children under 2 years of age.
Homeopathic Remedy For A Sinus Infection
Take 30 C Kali Carbonicum if you have the following symptoms:
- Pressure, fullness, and pain at root of the nose. Discharge is thick, ropy green-ish yellow, post-nasal drip, violent sneezing; mucus tastes sticky, aching and fullness in global, worse with cold, 2-3am, suppressed catarrh.
- Take 2-3x day if symptoms are improving.
- STOP taking homeopathy if your symptoms get worse, you should feel your symptoms improving with each dose of homeopathy. For a sinus infection, you may have to take for 2 or 3 days, along with the tinctures and change of diet. Be patient and rest.
Read how Dr. Aviva Romm, Dr. Axe, and Dr. Jocker’s stop sinus infections naturally.
Even if you’ve struggled with sinus infections your whole life, you can stop a sinus infection in its track with diet, herbs, and homeopathy.
Even if you don’t know how to use herbs.
Even if you don’t know anything about natural remedies.
I’m proof. It’s been 10 years since I’ve needed antibiotics for a sinus infection. A simple change in your diet, healing your gut and integrating natural remedies can reduce the number of antibiotics you need due to sinus infections.
There may be a time you’ll need antibiotics, but overall if you strive to improve your diet, you can stop the use of antibiotics for sinus infections.
What do you do when you have sinus pressure? Share your tips below.