Be honest. You’re sick of using antibiotics for your sinus infection.
What if you could stop this inflammation naturally?
When I was young, I had about 10 rounds of antibiotics for a sinus infection.
Let’s stop the madness!
The truth?When you learn how to heal your gut, and integrate natural remedies - you won't have to worry about sinus infections anymore. Click To Tweet
But don’t forget. Your diet is always first.
The first food I would remove would be dairy if you struggle with consistent sinus infections.
What are the symptoms of a sinus infection?
- A headache or heavy feeling in the head (sometimes with difficulty concentrating)
- Nasal congestion or nasal discharge
- Post-nasal drip (mucus dripping down the back of the throat)
- A sore throat (mucus dripping down can cause chronic irritation)
- A cough – wet or dry and usually all-day
- Bad breath
- Moderate to high fever
So what’s the answer?
In this post, I’ll share the 4 steps I use to stop a sinus infection in its tracts!
#1 Diet & Inflammation
- Gluten, dairy, and sugar are common allergens that cause sinus infections.
- Eliminate these foods from your diet if you experience frequent sinus infections. If I was to choose just one, I’d get rid of dairy ASAP.
- Encourage lots of green vegetables & soups when you are under the weather.
- Drink clear liquids and caffeine-free tea.
- Consider adding a probiotic to your diet and healing your gut with The 4R approach.
- Add natural antibiotics. Garlic is the best antibiotic available.
- Make garlic toast!
- Toast some gluten-free bread and top with Organic Olive oil and sliced raw garlic.
- Fresh garlic is known as an antimicrobial to aid with infections.
- Eat daily until you are better.
- Garlic is a great anti-microbial and can fight viral and bacterial infections. Eat garlic raw if able, or mix with hot water and lemon for a garlic lemonade
- Make garlic toast!
Want to learn my favorite natural remedies for women’s health? Grab this freebie 👇
#2 Tinctures For A Sinus Infection
- Take Echinacea tincture For 7-10days.
- Dosing: Take 30-40 drops 3-4x day in a little bit of water.
- Echinacea acts as an anti-microbial.
#3 Essential Oils For A Sinus Infection
- Add one drop of Thyme Essential Oil to a facecloth (for adults only), place it in the shower, and let the steam help open your sinuses.
- Alternatively, try herbal steam.
- Boil water and place one drop of Lavender or Thyme Essential oil in the bowl, cover your head and steam for 20 min. You can also use lavender dried buds or dried Thyme for less potent steam.
Apply Lavender Essential Oil topically
- Dab diluted Lavender Essential oil on your cheeks and under your ears.
- Dilute when using with children. ONLY 1 drop of essential oil to 1 tbs. of carrier oil. Don’t use with children under 2 years of age.
#4 Homeopathic Remedy For A Sinus Infection
Take 30 C Kali Bichromicum if you have the following symptoms:
- Pressure, fullness, and pain at the root of the nose. Discharge is thick, ropy green-ish yellow, post-nasal drip, violent sneezing; mucus tastes sticky, aching and fullness in global, worse with cold, 2-3 am, suppressed catarrh.
- Take 2-3x day if symptoms are improving.
- STOP taking homeopathy if your symptoms get worse, you should feel your symptoms improving with each dose of homeopathy. For a sinus infection, you may have to take it for 2 or 3 days, along with the tinctures and a change of diet. Be patient and rest
Read how Dr. Aviva Romm, Dr. Axe, and Dr. Jocker stop sinus infections naturally.
You can overcome recurring sinus infections when you address your gut health.
Moving your bowels would be the #1 suggestion I would make if you struggle with sinus infections. When you learn how to use herbs & homeopathy, you’ll notice you’ll save on doctor’s visits and sick days for years to come.
Could this work for you? Comment below.
P.S. Do you struggle with sinus infections? Book a health consultation with Tara to learn how to stop them naturally.