How would you like to boost your child’s immunity this fall with safe, effective, herbal remedies?
What if you could support your child’s immune system to prevent them from getting secondary infections; like pneumonia by boosting their immunity with diet and botanicals?
Imagine what it would be like with fewer doctor’s visits, missed days of school, and a full night’s sleep!
Let’s start with my favorite herbal remedies to boost your child’s immunity all year long.
Herbs For Kids
5 Botanicals To Boost Your Child’s immunity
Primarily used in Chinese medicine, Andrographis has been known to help reduce secondary infections; like pneumonia. The botanical is bitter and cold and I would use it during signs of heat; such as a fever. As an antimicrobial, it kills bacteria, reduces sore throats, coughs, and fevers. Source.
👉You could blend THIS with elderberry syrup for kids.
Effective for both viral and bacterial infections, it is the prime remedy to support your child’s body. Great for upper respiratory tract illnesses such as laryngitis, tonsillitis, and congestion of the nose and sinuses. I’ll also use Echinacea at the first for a sign of cold or urinary tract infection.
#3 Elderberry – Sambucus nigra
Filled with Vitamins A, B, and C, Elderberries act as an antioxidant and has been proven to reduce flu symptoms by four days in this study.
The fresh rootstock of ginger is used as a diaphoretic to heat the body and rid it of infection naturally by raising your body temperature. It’s also used as carminative aiding digestion and elimination soothing the gut wall and easing gripping pains. Keep in mind, the dried ginger root may be too strong for children.
👉Personally, I will make Fresh Ginger Root tea for myself or dried ginger tea. For the kids, I’ll make an herbal syrup with ginger or use Herb Pharm Immune Avenger so it’s not too spicy for them!
Known for its immune-supporting properties, Astragalus is deep immune support when used for long periods of time. Start by adding Astragalus root to your soups and teas before your little one gets sick.
“Astragalus herb also supports deep immune function by promoting normal levels of specific immune cells and aids in their function. Astragalus appears especially effective when immune function is stressed by environmental or endogenous challenges.” Source
👉LOOK FOR Astragalus root slices when purchasing
Herbal Tea For Toddlers
Astragalus-Apple Juice Tea
- Take 3 cups of boiling water
- Add 3 Astragalus root slices to the water
- Cover and let steep 20 minutes
- Strain and add apple juice to taste
Other tips to keep your kids healthy all year
- Add Vitamin D daily for your child’s health – THIS WAS A GAME CHANGER. I love this company https://amzn.to/33XMWE7
- Daily Vitamin Zinc with food, was also a big lifesaver for us.
- >>>>wash, wash, wash their hands every single day when they get home from school
- >>clean the sippy cup straws!
- encourage fruits and vegetables
- boost their immunity with Vitamin D., Vitamin C, and probiotics
- consider taking out dairy if they continue to get ear infections
- encourage sleep
- skip the sugar as it lower’s their immune system
What herbs do you use to boost your child’s immunity? Leave a comment below.
- Hoffman, David; The herbal handbook, A user’s guide to medical herbalism