What if you could stop a croup cough – fast?
As a new mom of twins, waking up to the sound of croup was so terrifying.
The classic ringing, barking cough created fear throughout the home and always at midnight!
You can stop the croup fast, with these homeopathic remedies.
What is croup?
- Croup is an inflammation of the larynx (voice box), trachea (windpipe), and sometimes the bronchi (the air passages between the throat and the lung).
- It usually accompanies a mild upper respiratory infection and the child wakes with a dry, barking, ringing cough. When this ringing, barking cough subsides, the common cold usually follows.
- Croup typically strikes children between the ages of two and four and startles your deep sleep between 12-2 am.
I’ve found, that homeopathy is the fastest way to stop a croup cough in the middle of the night.
You should only need the first remedy, Aconite, to stop the croup, but you may want to have the other remedies on hand in case the cough continues into the morning.
Then, watch this FREE training to understand how to use homeopathy correctly.
Homeopathic Remedies for a Croup Cough – See where to purchase below
Aconite (Aconitum Napellus)-30C
Take Aconite 30c at the onset of croup if your child has these symptoms.
- Here the cough is dry, loud, and barking and the child is exceedingly restless and anxious- usually, awakes in the middle of the night between 12-2 am.
- They are better off open-air and often, thirsty.
These symptoms are the very picture of Aconite.
If, after an hour, symptoms persist, give a second dose of Aconite. This is usually all that is needed. The child should be sleeping by now.
Spongia (Spongia Tosta)- 30C
- If, however, after another hour, your child’s breathing is harsh and hard and the barking, ringing cough continues, give Spongia 30c.
- The throat is sensitive to touch; a cough sounds like a saw driven through a board, and there is dryness in all air passages.
- Also, the child is warm and is worse at swallowing.
The last potential solution you may need would be:
Hepar Sulph. (Hepar Sulphuris Calcareum)-30C
If toward morning, the coughing continues and breathing is still not smooth and easy, give Hepar Sulphuris 30C.
- Here the cough is loose and rattling and deeper toned, and they have a dry, hoarse cough.
- The child is irritable and chilly.
- They feel like the wind is blowing on some part of their body and may want to wrap their head up or put on a hat.
- Watch this video for the morning croup cough.
When the cough has ceased, continue with tinctures for the common cold.
Homeopathy is safe and gentle when following these guidelines.
Here are some tips:
- Take one dose of 30C when you first hear a croup cough. 30C is a safe potency for children. Please do not purchase anything higher unless suggested by a professional.
- Wait 20 minutes and notice any changes.
- If the child is not asleep, give a second dose
- At this point, the child should be sleeping
- If they are not sleeping, see the remedy for Spongia Tosta.
- Whenever using homeopathic medicine follow the rules of “like cures like.”
#1 You are watching the child for any unusual symptoms
#2 Your write down anything you see or hear
#3 You only give the treatment when your symptoms match the remedy.
#4 STOP giving doses when the child’s energy shifts, they look better, sound better or maybe they begin to drink water or eat something.
Homeopathy is the fastest, safest way to stop a croup cough in 20 minutes. I know it may be scary at first, but with practice, you’ll discover homeopathic medicine is the safest medicine for our children. Along with herbs to soothe their cold, your child will be better in no time. As always, consult your doctor if the remedies do not work or your child has a high fever.
P.S. Log into Fullscript to receive 15% off and see all of the products I love for children’s health: https://taragregorio.com/supplements/
Love the video, so informative! I think my six week old has a croup cough and I will be trying this remedy tonight.
I just wanted to clarify, diluting it in a little water is safe for a 6 week old correct? I’ve read a few places that you should turn it into a powder and give it to them as it dissolves. Just wasn’t sure which was the better option for a baby this young.
Thank you for getting this information out there. Homeopath is really are amazing!
Thank you, Clare! Yes, homeopathy is fantastic. As croup usually hits between the ages 2-6, so I don’t believe your child would have the croup cough. When using homeopathy at 6 weeks, you can crush the tablets and put them in a bottle with breastmilk or place it crushed in their mouth. I’d check your air quality and dairy tolerance for a cough at that age. Mom can take herbs if breastfeeding or baby can have a little chamomile or gentle tinctures in a very low dose.